Kalyana Laxmi scheme is basically a welfare scheme by Telangana government, mostly for poverty ridden families and the Economically backward class of the state, who are trapped under the expenses of their daughter’s marriages.
The Kalyana Lakshmi, the scheme of chief minister Kalvakuntla Chandrasekhar Rao, was made to be get implemented from Dasara festival onwards. Under this, a wedding gift of Rs.51,000will be presented by the government to the Tribal and Dalit women getting married. Crores of rupees has been invested by the Telangana government for the benefit of all the eligible poor. Also, 64 Kalyana Lakshmi schemes and 58 Shaadi Mubarak cheques has been handed over in the local Mandal office. One of the officials stated that the government would ensure that these helpful schemes reach the poor in future as well.
This has been added by Mr., Kamalakar in several interviews that around 5,32,451 beneficiaries have been benefited through this scheme in past five years and has given positive results.
The scheme helps in the financial aid for daughter’s marriages of all the eligible poor families including (SC, ST, OBC, EBC). It is a noble scheme by the Telangana Government for all the financially distressed people in the state.
The scheme basically includes two major components
- Shaadi Mubarak scheme, which is for the Muslim minority communities
- Kalyana Lakshmi scheme which is for the Hindu minority families
The Kalyana Lakshmi scheme was first launched by kalvakuntla Chandrashekar Rao, the chief minister of Telangana, on 2nd october,2014. The scheme helps in providing around ₹50,000 to all the families of scheduled casts and tribes of the state. This is a great initiative taken by the government for providing financial aid to the families below poverty line, who can not afford their respective daughters.
Shaadi Mubarak scheme
This scheme is basically a component of the Kalyana Laxmi scheme, this scheme is generally providing an aid to all those unmarried Muslim girls belonging to some minority communities, in which an amount of Rs 51,000 is provided at the time of marriage, which is being implemented by tribal welfare department, backward classes welfare department, this project is initiated for the welfare of all ones belonging to the backward classes.
- Shaadi Mubarak scheme can only be availed once and cannot be mixed with other schemes such as inter caste marriages.
- Also, only tahsildars can go through the verification process of the applications received under shaadi Mubarak scheme as per now.
- After the verification process, the cheques get issued to the beneficiary Iin the name of the bride’s mother.
- Around Rs 300 crores has been allocated for this scheme, with 14,381 beneficiaries and with amount spent was pf Rs 142.98 crore.
- Adequate steps are taken by the Telangana government without any irregularities to implement the scheme in its most effective way.
- Aadhar cards are scanned and verified to avoid further misuse.
Registration form for shaadi Mubarak scheme includes
Following particulars are required to be filled by the applicants:
|Sr No.||Documents Name|
|2.||Is bride an orphan (yes/no)|
|3.||Brides’ fathers name|
|6.||Community certificates issued by the MEESEVA center|
Income certificate details
|Sr No.||Documents Name|
|4.||MEE SEVA number|
Below documents are mandatory to be uploaded
|Sr No.||Documents Name|
|1.||Fathers and mothers scanned Aadhar copy|
|2.||Brides’ mothers scanned bank pass book|
|3.||Age proof certificates.|
|4.||Registration, print, status, edit, and uploads all these application procedures can be done through the given site.|
|5.||The candidates can apply for this scheme by going through the following site: http://epasswebsite.cgg.gov.in through any MEESEVA Center.|
- The sanctioned amount of Kalyana Lakshmi scheme was rs.51,000 in the year,2015
- Whereas the scheme benefit was Rs 75,116 in the year 2017
- The sanctioned amount for this scheme was Rs.1,001,16 in the year 2019.
- In this project enhancement of financial assistance has been done from Rs 75,116 to ₹1,00,116 on 19th march,2018 to bride’s family to meet marriage expenses.
- It’s a novel cause for girl’s wedding, the budget of this scheme is around ₹1450 crores per year. The BJP legislator stated that there would be an increase in Kalyana Lakshmi scheme to about ₹1.16 lakh.
Kalyana Laxmi scheme eligibility criteria
1. The girl applicant for this scheme must belong to either of these ( SC,ST,OBC).
2. Minimum age to apply for this scheme is 18 years.
3. Candidates must be a resident of Telangana.
4. The income of the family should not exceed ₹ 2,00,000 per annum.
|For scheduled castes||Fathers and mothers scanned Aadhar copy|
|For Scheduled tribes||Brides’ mothers scanned bank pass book|
|Rural||Age proof certificates.|
|Urban||Registration, print, status, edit, and uploads all these application procedures can be done through the given site.|
Kalyana Laxmi for inter caste marriages
Telangana government has now increased the incentives up to 2.50 lakh.
BPL applicants can enroll for getting the advantages of this scheme.
Impact of education over inter caste marriages
No doubt, education plays a significant role in making quick decisions without being biased.
Education level of the groom’s mother plays a leading role of an inter caste marriages.
More educated a person is, the better they are aware of these legal rights without having any second thoughts.
Examining the impact of education is basically one of India’s most resilient caste-based practices.
Before Kalyana Laxmi
- Previously the inter caste marriages according to 2011 census were only 5.8%.
- However, in 2011, the inter caste marriages was around 54, which then got increased to 87 in 2012.
- And in 2017 to 2018 there are around 789 couples coming forward as the applicants.
- The amount then gets deposited in the bank with a lock in period of 3 years.
- Before the amount was just Rs 10,000 then got up to ₹50,000 and then it increased to amount of Rs 2.5 lakhs
- Later, in 2011 the amount got increased to ₹ 50,000.
Kalyana Laxmi second marriage go pdf
All the minority category applicants can avail this scheme only once a lifetime. And are still eligible for Rs 1,00,116 as financial aid from the government.
since it is a one-time grant scheme
All the minority class families can avail this scheme irrespective of first or a second marriage.
According to the Telangana government the scheme is applicable to all minority categorized women Until and unless the applicants have not availed this scheme’s benefit before.
Also, as per the criteria not all second marriage applicants have access to avail this scheme, those whose husbands are no more or if they are divorced can avail the benefits.
Documents required for Kalyana Laxmi scheme:
1. Bride’s photographs
2. Bride’s and bride grooms scanned Aadhar copy
3. VRO approval certificate
4. Age certificate
5. Marriage confirmation certificate necessary
6. A scanned pass book of bride
7. Scanned bank pass book of bride’s mother.
8. Caste certificate
9. Income certificate should not be longer than six months from the date of the marriage.
10. Domicile certificate required
Procedure to apply for Kalyana Laxmi scheme:
1. First step is to visit the official website of Kalyana Laxmi scheme https://telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in/KalyanaLakshmiLinks.jsp
2. Then on the homepage, click the Kalyana Laxmi link given there. 3. Then the application form will get visible through that link.
4. Now fill the application form by giving the following details.
- Caste details
- Income details
- Address details ( present and permanent)
- Bank account details
- Personal information
- Bride grooms particulars
- Certain documents have to be uploaded as per the procedure
- Then Enter the CAPTCHA code
- Once documentation is done
- Click on submit option. Note:
- The documents to be uploaded should only be in the form of JPEG/JPG
- And the documents should be between 50 KB to 150 KB.
- The application number and form can be Printed for further reference.
How to check Kalyana Laxmi scheme status:
- Go to the official website of this scheme.
- Then you will see a new page.
- According to the chosen category, select the print/status option.
- Then enter the Aadhar number and phone number of the bride.
- Then click on status and print option.
- This way, the status can be checked.
Kalyana Laxmi verification:
- The state government has issued some fresh guidelines after finding some lapses in the field of verification .
- The government stated that only MROs will process and verify the applications received in this scheme
- Bride’s mother bank account details must be updated by all the applicants for the verification as per the new rules.
Procedure to Edit the Kalyana application form:
- Firstly visit the official website,
- Then homepage will appear,
- A new page will appear after clicking ‘Kalyana Laxmi Shaadi Mubarak’
- Just click on Edit option according to your category, and a new page will appear Then enter the phone number of bride and the marriage ID
- Then select the Get Details option.
- There you can easily Edit your details and then click the Submit option.
- In case of any enquiry, Email ID is mention below:
Motive and the Benefits of this project:
- There has been a stringent step been taken by the Telangana government against the violent act towards such couples.
- This scheme got implemented to encourage and educate the communities about the legal validation of inter caste marriages.
- This enhancement was basically made to encourage inter cast marriages and to combat the evil system of casteism.
Kalyana Laxmi helpline numbers are mentioned below:
040-23120311, 23120312(technical errors)
Overall it can be said that awareness should be created about such schemes amongst the people, so that the people can avail such schemes .
Also the steps need to be followed accurately in order to avoid any technical error.