Founded in 2015, Meesho is an online marketplace that deals in fashion, jewelry, home furnishing, and affordable electronics. A Bengaluru-based company, Meesho acts as a reselling platform that enables anyone to start a business without any investment. With over 120 million monthly users, Meesho has become one of India’s fastest-growing e- commerce platforms.
Not only customers, but employees at Meesho are very happy and satisfied with the company’s culture, flexible working hours, and people-friendly policy. With more than 2000 employees across the country, the company is taking steps to make its workplace more inclusive. Meesho provides its employees with various benefits such as insurance, daycare, Telehealth, etc. The company also recognizes its employees for putting in extra effort during inevitable stretches and therefore, expresses their gratitude in the form of various gift vouchers.
In this article, we will take a comprehensive look at Meesho’s Leave Policy.
Unlimited Wellness Leave Policy at Meesho
As part of Meesho’s MeeCARE program, employees will be able to take 365 days of paid leave in case of a critical illness of self. If an employee’s family member becomes seriously ill, then he/she can take advantage of this policy with up to 25% of the salary for leave for three months. Employees planning to take longer duration leave need not have to worry about their jobs as they will be reinstated back to their old positions after returning to office. During the leave period, employees will continue to get benefits like PF and insurance.
Apart from this, an employee can also avail of leave for personal work or pursue higher education.
For employees who wish to take leave due to non-medical reasons, the leave will be unpaid.
Reset and Recharge Leave Policy at Meesho
In a first-of-its-kind unique initiative, Meesho has launched a wellness-focused move that allows employees to take a break via its “Reset and Recharge” policy. Under this, Meesho provides an annual companywide 11-day break (during the festive season) for employees to completely unplug from work. The break dates may change every year.
Meesho’s Gender Neutral Parental Leave Policy
The company offers 30 weeks of paid parental leave policy to its employees to look after their children, be it through natural childbirth, adoption, or surrogacy. The leave applies equally to men, women, heterogeneous, or same-sex couples. Live-in partners can also avail of the benefits of the parental leave policy.
If an employee is a primary caregiver, they are entitled to 30 weeks of fully paid leave. In addition to that, the primary caregiver can take an extra three months of leave with a 25% payout. Whereas, secondary caregivers can avail of up to 30 days of paid leave (applicable up to one year from childbirth or adoption).
Gender Confirmation Leave Policy at Meesho
As part of its inclusivity initiatives, Meesho has announced a gender confirmation leave policy for employees who wish to undergo medical procedures to transition their gender. The company offers up to one month of paid leave to its employees for gender transition procedures.
Other Leaves at Meesho
- Meeshoites are entitled to take up to 75 days of optional leave that covers a range of holidays, including illness, family emergencies, personal time, national holidays, festivals, and special occasions. The optional leaves include:
- Meesho offers up to 5 days of marriage leave to its employees.
- Regular employees at Meesho can avail of up to 20 days of paid wellness/casual leave.
- Employees can take up to 18 days of earned leave after completing their probation period. Encashment of accumulated earned leaves can be availed by an employee at the time of leaving the job.
- As part of their unique initiative, Meesho allows five days of pet adoption leave to look after your fur buddy.
- Meesho allows its employees to take two days of celebration leave in case of employees and their loved ones’ birthdays.
- Employees can avail of up to 3 days of paid study leave for exam preparation or tests.
- Meesho understands how painful a separation can be and the toll it takes on one mental health. Therefore, the company allows its employees to take five days of paid marriage separation leave to look after themselves or complete any legal formalities.
- Meesho provides a 5-day bereavement leave to an employee in the unfortunate event of the loss of a close family member (such as parents, spouses, kids, in-laws, siblings, grandparents, or friends.
- The company offers two days of optional leave (also called a Restricted holiday), and it is at the discretion of the employee whether they want to take it or not.
- Employees at Meesho are also entitled to around ten declared public holidays in a year, including Christmas, Diwali, Eid, and more.
Meesho Holiday List 2024
|Ramzan Id (Id-ul-Fitr)
|Bakri Id (Id-ul-Adha)
|Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti
|Diwali Laxmi Pujan