Pathani Samanta Mathematics Scholarship Test (PMST) is an initiative launched by the Odisha Board of Secondary Education. The scholarship program conducted by the Odisha Government is currently available for students studying in classes 6 to 9 and 11. Students from General, SC, ST, OBC/SEBC, and EBC can apply for scholarships. The state board will identify the exemplary students in mathematics and reward them with the scholarship to nurture their talent in Mathematics.
The test or exam to be eligible for the scholarship takes place in two stages (Stage I and II) on set dates. The concerned authority will upload admit card a few days before the exam. Candidates are required to download their admit cards and bring them to the examination center. To get more information regarding Odisha PMST 2023, read the following article.
Odisha Pathani Samanta Scholarship 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the PMST exam are set by the Department of School & Mass Education. The key points required to be eligible for the scholarship program are given below.
- Applicants must be permanent residents of Odisha.
- Only the students of the state studying in Govt. or Govt. aided schools are eligible for the scholarship program.
- Students must be in Class 6th to be eligible for the Stage I scholarship.
- Students must be in Class 9th to be eligible for a Stage II scholarship.
- Students must be in Class 11th to be eligible for the Stage III scholarship. Only the top 2000 Higher Secondary School qualified students can apply for the program.
- No Income criteria are necessary for the scholarship.
- Candidates/Students enrolled in other scholarship programs can also apply.
Pathani Samanta Mathematics Scholarship Test(PMST) 2023- Highlights
|Name of the Scholarship
|Pathani Samanta Mathematics Scholarship Test (PMST)
|Odisha Board of Secondary Education
|Providing Scholarship Opportunities to nurture mathematical skills
|Students from Class 6th to 12th
Pathani Samanta Scholarship Application Form 2023
Application forms for the scholarship test are to be submitted online mode only. A separate authority has been appointed for the implementation of the scholarship program in the state. Application forms for all stages (i.e. I, II, and III) are invited separately.
Stage I and Stage II (Class 6th to 9th) Application Process
- Applications are submitted online only through the designated authorities. Students are not allowed to apply for scholarships on their own.
- The Authority to Log in and fill out an application form for Stage I and II candidates are Block Education Officers.
- Applicants have to provide all the information required for the Authorities to log in.
- The designated authorities have to submit the applications on behalf of the students through the link provided on the official website of BSE, Odisha.
Stage III (Class 11th -12th) Application Process
Application forms for Stage III are to be filled out and submitted online mode by the students. Students can follow the given steps to fill out the application form-
- Visit the valid State Scholarship Portal of Odisha.
- On the homepage, select Apply for Scholarship.
- Search for the PMST option and press the Apply link.
- A new Student Login page will open.
- Click on the Register Here link.
- Next, agree to the terms and conditions mentioned.
- A new window (registration page) will open.
- Enter your Aadhaar number, along with other mandatory details as asked, and hit the Register button.
- Upon successful registration, login details will be generated.
- Next, Log in with the student id and password.
- Fill in all the mandatory information, academic details, and bank account information.
- Review the application, save it, and submit it.
Pathani Samanta Scholarship Amount
The scholarship to stages I and II is offered only to students who clear the scholarship test. Applicants must be clear that the scholarship amount depends on the Stage for which they are applying. Candidates must have passed their school exam with 60% marks and have scored more than 50 % marks in mathematics subject. Following are the Scholarship Details with the amount.
Number of Scholarship
6th to 8th
Rs.200/- P.M. for 7 years
Rs.300/- P.M for 5 years
Rs. 500/- for 10 months per year
Documents Required for PMST Application
Candidates who want to apply for the Pathani Samanta Mathematics Scholarship must have the following documents with them while filling out the application form-
- Aadhaar Card
- School ID
- Mark sheet of the final exam passed by the students
- Passport size photograph of the student
- Bank Account Passbook copy with details like account number and IFSC code.
Odisha PMST Exam Pattern/Test Syllabus
The examination for the Odisha Pathani Samanta Mathematics Scholarship Test will be limited to the subject of Mathematics.
- Scholarship exams for Stages I and II will be conducted separately.
- The scholarship test will be an offline exam i.e., OMR based exam.
- The test will include Objective Type Questions.
- There will be a total of 60 questions worth 150 marks.
Before the exam, the authority will issue admit cards. Candidates have to download the admit card from the BSE portal and bring them along to appear in the examination.
Pathani Samanta Scholarship Exam
Odisha PMST for stages I and II take place every year for the classes 6th to 9th of Govt. /Govt. Aided schools. Candidates for scholarships for Stage III from Class 11th will be selected based on marks in the Class 10th examination. Applicants who have registered as Stage I and II in the PMST will have to appear for a competitive exam to be identified as creditable.
Odisha PMST 2023 Examination Date
The examination for Stages I and II will be conducted this year. However, the date of the exam is not announced yet. The process for applying for Stages I and II has already begun via online mode. Candidates are requested to fill out their applications as soon as possible, which will be observed for qualification. The authority will soon upload admit cards and allocate Roll Numbers.