Currently, in India, the main source of electricity is produced by coal energy, which is one of the leading causes of pollution in the country. Also, India is facing a coal crisis, therefore, using solar energy is not necessarily a demand, but a necessity. To meet the energy demand in India, the Kerala government in association with Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB), is now investing in solar energy and also encouraging people to do the same.
After the launch of the KSEB Soura Subsidy Scheme, many Kerala state residents were interested to install solar panels on their rooftops. Till now, lakhs of applications have been received from households as well as commercial establishments.
Continue reading to know more about the scheme, project guidelines, and application process.;
KSEB Solar application
KSEB Solar Scheme 2023, also known as Kerala Soura Subsidy Scheme is launched by the Kerala State Government. Under this scheme, the state government will provide subsidies for installing solar panels among many other benefits.
Benefits of installing KSEB Solar Panels
- The eco-friendly method of energy generation
- 5 Years warranty
- Reduction in electricity bill
- Quality Assurance and easy interconnection to the grid
Highlights of KSEB Solar Scheme 2023
|Name of the Scheme||KSEB Solar Scheme (Kerala Soura Subsidy Scheme)|
|Launched by||Ministry of New and Renewable Energy|
|Department||Kerala State Electricity Board|
|Scheme Beneficiaries||Residents of Kerala|
|Benefits||Subsidy for solar panel installation on rooftops|
|Last date to apply||23 March 2023|
How to apply for KSEB Solar Scheme 2023 online?
- You can apply for the KSEB Solar panel or Soura Subsidy Scheme by following the simple steps given below.
- Visit the official web portal www.kseb.in.
- On the homepage, select the type of scheme you want to apply for.
- Next, under KSEB Solar Scheme, click on the Register for Kerala Soura Subsidy Scheme.
- A new page will open on your screen. Click on Apply Online.
- If you are a new user, make an account and then log in using your Id and password.
- After login in, fill out a registration form and finally hit submit.
Note: The application fee for KSEB Solar Scheme costs Rs.1000, which is mandatory to pay.
How to track the KSEB Solar application status?
To check your KSEB Solar application status, visit the KSEB Web Self Services portal. Enter your application number or web transaction ID to check the status and edit the application.
KSEB Solar project details
KSEB solar project offers three types of schemes to the consumer.
1st Scheme: Under the first type, KSEB bears the cost of rooftop solar panel installation and maintenance. The Kerala State Electricity Board also provides 10% of the total electricity produced to consumers for free. Consumers do not have to pay anything under this scheme.
2nd Scheme: In this, the rooftop installation of solar panels will be free for the consumers. However, the panel will generate electricity for 25 years, which then will be sold to consumers at a fixed rate.
3rd Scheme: Under this type, consumers will have to bear the complete cost of the solar panel installation. Upon which they can sell this electricity either fully or partially to KSEB.
KSEB Solar Scheme 2023 guidelines
Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) is planning to set up 38 GW of rooftop solar projects in 2023. The projects will help KSEB in providing huge subsidy rates to its domestic consumers.
- To install a solar panel on rooftops, consumers have to first submit an expression of interest in the form of an application form.
- After this, the concerned officials will examine the site.
- The technical feasibility of the location will be monitored by the Kerala State Electricity Board.
- Next, the material will be delivered and the installation process will take place.
- Once the installation process is done, testing will be done and a meter connection will be provided.
- After successful completion, the warranty period of the solar panel begins.
Things to keep in mind before applying for KSEB solar panel
- Before applying please ensure your mobile number and email id are linked to the consumer number in KSEB official app, OrumaNET.
- People interested in installing solar panels on their rooftops and have no idea how they can do that can visit the online portal at kseb.in for all the details.
- KSEB will fully take responsibility for the maintenance of installed solar panels for 25 years.
KSEB solar panel cost
As per the KSEB Solar Scheme project guidelines, the Kerala state government is offering a maximum 40% subsidy for energy plans up to 3KB capacity.
The cost of installing a 1Kw Solar Plant (Area Req.: 100 sqft) can range somewhere between Rs. 60,000 to Rs.70, 000. Under specific model types, these costs are usually borne by the KSEB.
However, additional costs such as-
- In case of a slanted roof or any damage to the roof, the primary consumer has to pay the extra structural cost.
- The cost of the Net Meter and Additional Cable requirement (if found more than 50m) is not included in the plan base price. Therefore, has to bear by the consumer.
KSEB solar contact number
KSEB 24*7 Toll-Free Helpline Number- 1912 and +91-471-2555544